Wellsville, Addison & Galeton
January 31, 1972
South of Westfield, Pennsylvania, the Wellsville, Addison & Galeton follows Mill Creek. Here we see two of the three F7A's purchased in 1968 from Southern Pacific and repainted into the WA&G's striking new red and gold paint scheme heading north towards Westfield. This line, originally built to 3-foot gauge, was completed to Galeton in 1885 and standard gauged in 1895 by WA&G predecessor Buffalo & Susquehanna.
This page posted 3/1/2018. Text and photo ©2018 Lamont Downs.