August 28, 1970
A River Terminal transfer run heads south to the interchange yard with the Newburgh & South Shore. Overhead is the Wheeling & Lake Erie's viaduct leading to its own crossing of the Cuyahoga River (out of sight at right); the Wheeling became part of the Nickel Plate Road in 1949, which was absorbed into Norfolk & Western in turn in 1964. Seen from the south side of the Clark Avenue bridge in Cleveland, Ohio.
This page posted 1/1/2018; revised 8/1/2018. Text and photo ©2018 Lamont Downs.