Denver & Rio Grande Western
June 13, 1970
The Denver & Rio Grande Western's narrow-gauge locomotive no. 478 has finished its run from Durango to Silverton, Colorado and takes a well-deserved rest while its trainload of passengers visits the tourist traps downtown. No. 478 was built by the Schenectady Locomotive Works (part of Alco) in 1923 as part of an order of ten; only 473, 476 and 478 remain.
This page posted 1/1/2019. Text and photo ©2019 Lamont Downs.