Branford Electric Railway Association
East Haven, Connecticut
July 31, 1973
The Branford Electric Railway Association dates back to August 1945 when it acquired a mile and a half of operating trackage between East Haven and Short Beach, Connecticut from the Connecticut Company. Later it was known as the Branford Trolley Museum. Today the BERA is part of the Shore Line Trolley Museum, staffed mostly by volunteers.
This page posted 1/1/2019; revised 5/1/2019. Text and photo ©2019 Lamont Downs.