Chicago, South Shore & South Bend
Michigan City, Indiana
June 17, 1972
The saga of the "Little Joes" (electric locomotives originally intended for the Soviet Union and diverted to domestic use with the inception of the Cold War) has been told too many times to need retelling. Here no. 801 was caught at the South Shore's Michigan City yard and engine facility. The South Shore owned three of these (nos. 801-803) acquired in 1949.
This page posted 3/28/2018. Text and photo ©2018 Lamont Downs.