Addison, New York
April 2, 1977
Although the mount for this slide had only "Erie mainline west of Elmira" written on it, Patrick Moore has identified it as Addison, New York. This would have been taken from the Main Street grade crossing looking west, with the former interchange yard with the Wellsville, Addison & Galeton (abandoned between 1959 and 1960) at one time located just past the semaphore and crossing the Canisteo River to the left just before the curve.
This page posted 8/1/2017; revised 7/1/2018. Text and photo ©2017 Lamont Downs.