Baltimore & Ohio
July 18, 1970
The Baltimore & Ohio's former Pittsburgh & Western main ran from Ohio Junction in Girard, Ohio to re-join the B&O mainline in Newton Falls. The section from Ohio Junction to De Forest Junction in Warren was technically part of the Lake Subdivision, which ended up in Painesville; from De Forest Junction to Newton Falls it was called the Newton Falls Subdivision. Originally the actual mainline, it was downgraded in 1905 when the Girard-Ravenna cutoff was built with Pennsylvania Railroad assistance. Here a way freight passes the Erie's second Warren, Ohio station (behind the photographer).
This page posted 9/1/2017. Text and photo ©2017 Lamont Downs.